Manager - Sealy
Community Manager – Sealy Management Company
Sealy Management Company is proud to own and manage over 9,500 apartments throughout the Southeast. Sealy develops new properties and acquires existing ones, but we have never sold a property. This provides our team members with a sense of pride and stability in their workplace. Based in Tuscaloosa, AL, Sealy is a rapidly growing company with many exciting opportunities for talented employees to grow with us.
We’re currently seeking a Community Manager to oversee all daily operations at 1010 Elliston. Our community managers are the CEOs of our communities and the most important qualities we’re looking for are professionalism, integrity and a willingness to learn. Community Managers oversee all leasing, maintenance, budgetary responsibilities and resident relations at the property, so this person must have the ability to problem solve but also have the people skills to serve our residents effectively.
What You’ll Do
Manages all phases of the operations of a lease-up property including, but not limited to, leasing, marketing, general administration maintenance, resident services and retention and employee safety and property security. Coordinates the maintenance of the physical condition of the property while achieving the best possible financial returns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively and effectively manages operations to ensure lease up goals are met.
- Effectively works with construction and development teams and outside vendors during property construction.
- Guides and encourages leasing team members to also meet their goals throughout lease up and after
- Prepares and implements marketing strategies to ensure annual revenue growth for the property.
- Regularly monitors the financial performance of the property, making necessary changes in the operations as needed to meet and exceed performance goals.
- Supervises both maintenance staff and outside contractors working on the property.
- Establishes schedules and assigns personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage, ensures that maintenance requests are handled quickly.
- Takes responsibility for the quality and efficiency of turning vacant apartments into make-ready apartments in a timely manner, oversees the inspection of make ready apartments, approves all applications and signs all leases and related forms, oversees details of move-ins and move-outs.
- Ensures that residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained community, handles resident relations and resident organizations, reports accidents and emergency situations to the Regional Manager immediately and prepares incident reports, continually inspects property and improvements, recording deficiencies and taking necessary actions.
- Handles resident issues in a timely and effective manner
- Responsible for the timely completion of property reports and marketing surveys.
- Ensures that the highest level of conduct, dress, appearance and company loyalty are upheld by all personnel.
- Previous lease up experience is preferred.
- Experience with property under construction, dealing with construction and development teams, outside vendors
- Bachelors degree preferred; high school or GED required.
- 3+ years of experience in residential property management required.
- Inviting personality and ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and administrative procedures.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Strong leadership, training, supervision and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay is dependent on experience.
- Sealy is happy to offer health, dental, vision and life insurance, employee discounted apartments, paid time off and professional development assistance.