Full Time Community Director
The Community Director is responsible for the successful day-to-day financial, administrative, sales, marketing, and maintenance operations of the community while ensuring company standards are achieved and excellent customer service is delivered. The Community Director directly supervises the onsite staff and facilitates the successful management of the property. Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer. Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) preferred
- Minimum of three to five years prior property management experience
- Working knowledge of Onesite or property management software
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and implement a marketing plan for the community each month
- Develop and implement resident retention, marketing, and advertising programs
- Responsible to show and lease apartments, review and complete all leasing applications and documents.
- Prioritize, assign, and monitor daily activities of staff including leasing, marketing, make-ready, maintenance and construction projects.
- Responsible for maintaining budgeted occupancy levels at approved rental rates
- Conduct training, coaching, and disciplinary action, as needed, per standards of the company
- Complete performance reviews as scheduled
- Create an atmosphere of cooperation, enthusiasm, service urgency, teamwork, customer satisfaction, and professionalism among team members
- Supervise management of inventory system in conjunction with maintenance supplies and personnel
- Responsible for achieving the highest possible Net Operating Income (NOI) through effective cost control and maximizing revenue
- Prepare and monitors operating budget, and reports on status of property/properties such as variance and occupancy reports
- Collect specified rents and fees, pursues delinquent balances, and processes evictions according to policy
- Maintain a budget control log and reviews financial statements, helps prepare monthly progress reports
- Follow the Fair Housing Act always
- Ensure all invoices are processed and sent to corporate on a daily/weekly basis per company standards
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, mentor, develop and supervise team members and ensures members meet their goals and performance standards.
- Responsible for maintaining all data in OneSite and following policies for record keeping and files on-site
- Supervise maintenance of buildings and grounds. Walking property/properties with maintenance team member(s) to inspect for any known life-safety hazard at the site. Ensuring that such work is noted into a work order to be completed.
- Supervise and approves all work performed at the site by outside contractors
- Attend to resident issues and needs, including neighbor disputes, renewals, maintenance issues, and all matters relating to the residents
- Responsible for establishing the work schedule of maintenance staff in coordination with Lead Maintenance
- Participate in after hours and emergency response
- Ensure that maintenance performs and completes Preventive Maintenance Report quarterly on all units, leasing office, laundry facility, etc.
The job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by the company without prior verbal or written notification.
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Positive, motivating, and team-oriented attitude. Recognizes and reinforces developmental efforts, progress, and improvements.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment. Sets priorities with an appropriate sense of what is most important and plans with an appropriate and realistic sense of time demand involved.
- Ability to work weekends, and overtime when approved
- High degree of professionalism and demeanor, with an ability to keep matters confidential
- A strong emphasis on customer service in every action on the job and help instill this value in team members
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent communication and listening skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is sometimes required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must sometimes lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent
Copy and paste this link to apply